FEMA has a new smartphone app!
Apr 15, 2016 1:29 pm
FEMA has a new smartphone app that provides:
- Weather Alerts: Users can elect to receive alerts on severe weather happening in specific areas they select, even if the phone is not located in the area, making it easy to follow severe weather that may be threatening family and friends.
- Safety Tips: Tips on how to stay safe before, during, and after over 20 types of hazards, including floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes.
- Disaster Reporter: Users can upload and share disaster-related photos.
- Maps of Disaster Resources: Users can locate and receive driving directions to open shelters and disaster recovery centers.
- Apply for Assistance: The app provides easy access to apply for federal disaster assistance.
- Information in Spanish: The app defaults to Spanish-language content for smartphones that have Spanish set as their default language.
To learn more, visit: The FEMA App: Helping Your Family Weather the Storm